Monday, March 7, 2011
Buddhist Wedding at Shunkoin Temple in Kyoto, Japan
Shunkoin Temple is located in a quiet, peaceful area of Kyoto, Japan. The temple was established in 1599 and has historical gardens and lavishly colored screen paintings.
We welcome all couples regardless of faith and sexual orientation.
Our wedding ceremony includes:
1. Chanting of the Heart Stutra (Parajinaparamita).
2. Vows lead by an officiant (priest).
3. Exchange of your own vows and rings.
4. Sake-sharing ritual (san san kudo).
5. Recitation of a special vow. This is vow is written in Japanese and English in certificate-style and is signed by both partners.
6. Proclamation of the marriage.
If you have any questions, please contact us.