Shunkoin Temple is located in a quiet, peaceful area of Kyoto, Japan. The temple was established in 1590 and has historical gardens and lavishly colored screen paintings.
Our wedding ceremony includes:
1. Chanting of the Heart Stutra (Parajinaparamita).
2. Vows lead by an officiant (priest).
3. Exchange of your own vows and rings.
4. Sake-sharing ritual (san san kudo).
5. Recitation of a special vow. This is vow is written in Japanese and English in certificate-style and is signed by both partners.
6. Proclamation of the marriage.
The couple in the pictures on the top had their wedding in Japanese traditional wedding kimono. But you can wear whatever you want for your wedding.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
Shunkoin Temple & International Zen Center
42 Myoshinji-cho, Hanazono, Ukyo-ku
Kyoto, 616-8035 Japan
We welcome all couples regardless of faith and sexual orientation. Shunkoin Temple supports the marriage equality.